The Vanier Canada Scholarship 2022 for International Graduate students is now open. This scholarship program is open to all international students from all over the world.
About Vanier Canada Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was announced in 2008. The Scholarship Is fully funded and is worth about $50,000 which is offered every year during doctoral studies for 3 years.
Fortunately, all the expenses related to the program will be covered by the Canadian Government. Amazingly, this Scholarship is available in Top Ranking Canadian Universities.
The following programs can be selected for a doctoral degree: Arts and Humanities, natural science, engineering, and social sciences. This scholarship program is considered to be the most prestigious scholarship offered by the Canadian government.
Therefore ensure that you do not miss this golden opportunity to study abroad.
Eligibility to Vanier Canada Scholarship 2022
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quotaFootnote 1;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component);
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate research program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution;
- have completed no more than 20 months of full-time study in your doctoral program as of May 1, 2023;
- The doctoral program would begin after the completion of a Master’s degree. The months of study completed are calculated from the doctoral enrolment date.
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in your doctoral program (i.e., joint graduate research program, accelerated, previously enrolled without obtaining Master’s degree), by May 1, 2023 if:
- enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD. Applicants in this category have access to the 32-month window whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program:
- The months of study are calculated starting from the date on which an applicant is officially registered in the joint program (including the Master’s portion of the program).
- enrolled directly from a Bachelor’s to a PhD (not previously enrolled in a Master’s program);
- The months of study completed are calculated from the doctoral enrollment date.
- Previously enrolled in a Master’s program without obtaining the degree.
- The months of study completed are calculated from the original Master’s enrollment date.
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral program.
Please note that only the PhD portion of a joint program is eligible for funding.
Brief Description of Vanier Canada Scholarship 2022
- Award Country: Canada
- Offered by: Canadian Government
- Degree program: Masters leading to Ph.D., PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Over 166 Scholarships
- Eligible Nationality: All Nationality
- Application Deadline: 1 November 2022
- Eligible Programs:
How to Apply For Vanier Canada Scholarship 2022
To apply for Vanier Canada Scholarship, you will need to;
- Contact your desired nominating institution
- Check to Confirm your eligibility
- Then Create CCV and link to the ResearchNet application
- Begin a ResearchNet application
- Identify participants
- Identify the area of research
- Identify referees
- Fill in the degree information
- Fill in the proposal information and supporting documents
- Include other application materials (optional)
- Confirm documents sent
- Do a Preview of application materials
- Click the link below to Apply Now: https://vanier.gc.ca/en/nomination_process-processus_de_mise_en_candidature.html
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota* to host Vanier scholars. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
*The term “quota” refers to the maximum number of nominations an institution can forward to the national competition.