UNIL University Masters Scholarship in Switzerland 2022 is currently ongoing for eligible applicants belonging to All Nationality holders across the world.
About University of Lausanne
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of Protestant theology, before being made a university in 1890. The university is the second oldest in Switzerland, and one of the oldest universities in the world to be in continuous operation.
Its research activities focus on three main themes: human and social sciences, life sciences and medicine, and environmental sciences. UNIL lays great store by the quality and innovation of its teaching and learning which makes UNIL University Masters Scholarship in Switzerland a rare opportunity to come by.
Why Study in University of Lausanne?
However,the University of Lausanne is ranked 101 in Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University and has an overall score of 4.1 stars, according to student reviews on Study portals, the best place to find out how students rate their study and living experience at universities from all over the world.
Financial Benefits of UNIL University Masters Scholarship in Switzerland 2022
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student.
It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
- Host Country/Institution(s): University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Target group: International students
- Number of Scholarships: 10
- Degree: Master’s Program
- Deadline: 1 November 2022
Here are the List of Departments available for masters scholarship programme
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL is given below:
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law
- Criminal Justice
- Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economic
- Faculty of Art
- Faculty of Social and Political Science
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programmes
List of programs ineligible include;
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law*
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Eligibility For UNIL University Masters Scholarship in Switzerland
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Selection Criteria for UNIL University Masters Scholarship in Switzerland 2022
- November-December: Processing of applications by the Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office (SASME) and the Admissions department (SII)
- December-January: The SASME informs candidates whose application is incomplete or has not been accepted by the admissions department that their application for the scholarship has been unsuccessful.
- January-February: Complete applications are transferred to the faculties for consideration of their eligibility for the chosen master’s degrees.
- February-March: The SASME informs candidates whose application has not been accepted by the faculty.
- March: The selection board for master’s scholarships selects the candidates who will be offered a master’s scholarship.
- Early April: candidates are informed of the selection board’s decision.
How to Apply
However, eligible candidates who are interested and have satisfied the selection criteria are advised to visit the official application portal to commence their application for UNIL University Masters Scholarship in Switzerland 2022.