Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property-casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
AIG’s Multinational business is an exciting area within General Insurance that will challenge you every day to explore new opportunities for our clients worldwide. As a trusted advisor, you will tailor multinational insurance solutions for our global clients, empowering them to operate across borders with confidence and consistency. Partner with a dynamic, global team of experts, including underwriters, risk engineers, and analytics and claims professionals, to design, implement and service multinational insurance programs. This includes issuing timely policies, providing regulatory advice, sharing local knowledge, supporting efficient money movement capabilities and deploying large fronted limits. AIG Multinational professionals have the diverse skills and expertise necessary to deliver customized, compliant and seamless solutions that support our clients’ risk management objectives. With in-depth knowledge of local markets, practices and regulations, Multinational provides world-class insurance solutions and helps clients successfully navigate their cross-border risks, wherever in
the world their businesses take them.
About the role
What you need to know:
- Service Canadian underlying policies to global Master Programs, produced outside of the Canada.
- Provide professional service and support to the AIG Underwriter, Insured and Broker for Accounts which have been assigned
- Day to day handling of accounts for multiple lines of business including Property, Energy, Financial Lines, Casualty, Marine and Captive business
- Assist with inquiries from with local Brokers/Clients, AIG Producing Offices, AIG reinsurance offices and internal departments Prompt & professional response to all queries received Invoicing, Premium Processing & Policy Issuance Liaise with local underwriting divisions as necessary to assist in servicing the account and / or building the local policy Premium tracking Abeyance & follow-up on outstanding information
- Shared Services interaction
- Respond to questions & assist in training the Off-shore shared services team Audit files handled by shared services team
- Ensure that Department Service Standards are met for both quality & timeliness
What we’re looking for:
- Commercial insurance underwriting and/or underwriting support experience, with a working knowledge of several lines of business (specifically Property, Energy- preferred, Casualty, Financial Lines & Marine)
- Experience working in a servicing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Good problem solving ability
- Optimal stakeholder relationship skills
- Flexibility and initiative
- Ability to organize & prioritize a large workload while ensuring that department procedures & service standards are adhered to
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, as well as in a team oriented environment to accomplish department goals
- Confident knowledge of systems and PC applications (Windows, Outlook, MSWord, Excel, Access)
- Confident knowledge of AIG systems an asset (eStart, PPS, CRUIS, EMIS, SAP & OMeGA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its’ policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to
email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Functional Area:OP – Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Insurance Company of Canada