Students looking for scholarships are usually disturbed as to how many years the scholarship can span, it is difficult to pay for college without considering a financial relief program, whether it be student loans, aid, or scholarships. A 4 Year Scholarship program can cover anything from just tuition to all of the living expenses, depending on the terms set out by the provider.
A four-year scholarship is a very competitive one but with the right guide you can be awarded one.
What Is a Four Year Scholarship Program
When a student is looking for a scholarship that will run through the entirety of the course (4 years) that is called a four-year scholarship program. Four-year study programs can be financially taxing on students and therefore most students try to secure scholarships for the same.
The Importance of a Four Year Scholarship Program
- As a student you can financial assistance throughout your schooling;
- There are scholarships (army and sports) you can look out for;
- Students would not have to worry anymore during their time in school;
- It will make you focus on your studies, not worrying about finances that will take you through school;
- If you are an intelligent student this helps in bagging the award as well.
How To Find a Four Year Scholarship Program
Having known your desire of having the award, you need to know what to look out for while seeking the scholarship. Here, you will know the programs that offer a four-year scholarship and their requirements;
- Kent Funding For Academic Excellence
This grant is worth £2,000 a year for students with a high score in their courses especially in mathematics, Modern foreign language, etc. Furthermore, this grand is renewable every year if the students keep up the good work in their academics. However, this is grant applies to every country.
Eligibility Requirements include;
- Does not already hold a bachelors degree;
- Has achieved the grades as required by the university;
- Has satisfied the conditions of entry to the University of Kent.
- Army ROTC
This scholarship is only awarded to students who are planning to attend a four-year college program. However, just like the school above they have their eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Requirements include;
- Be a US citizen between the ages 17 and 26;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Have a GPA of 2.50 at least;
- Meet the physical standards as required;
- Have a score of 920 on the SAT or 19 on the ACT;
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard).
Furthermore, there are more requirements to meet in other to get the scholarship;
- Serve in the army 8-year commitment;
- Serve full time in the army for 4 years and 4 with Individual Ready Reserve;
- Selected few can pursue a civilian career while serving part-time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard;In order to apply, candidates must first create an MY GOARMY account and then apply at the application site.
- Barbara and Richard Couch Hypertherm Scholarship
It is awarded to a student pursuing a 2 or 4 years degree program in engineering or a technical major in fields such as welding or cutting fields.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the final year of high school or equivalent. Alternatively, the student must have a minimum high school diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.8;
- Priority to students to display financial need;
- Applicant must be a citizen of the US. However if a child of a current Hypertherm Associate, then they may be from any country and may choose to study in any country, they are eligible for the opportunity.