Emory University Scholarship for International Students is available for foreign students to live and study in the United States of America. This scholarship provides partial to fully funded financial aid to eligible candidates who may wish to apply now.
Fortunately, with this Emory University Scholarship for International Students, you stand a chance get a student visa sponsorship from Emory University. To learn more about this scholarship, carefully read through this article.
About Emory University
Emory University is a private research university in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1836 as “Emory College” by the Methodist Episcopal Church and named in honor of Methodist bishop John Emory, Emory is the second-oldest private institution of higher education in Georgia.
Benefits of Emory University Scholarship
Foreigners look for opportunities to study or further their education in the United States. However, the living and travel expenses are a drawback. Getting a scholarship in the USA for international students is a good opportunity for foreigners with diverse languages, heritage, and cultures to study in the USA. Partial to full financial aid is also offered to eligible applicants.
Emory University Scholarship Requirements
To apply for the Emory College Scholarships for International Students, you need to meet certain requirements. Some of them include:
Recommendation letters from teachers.
- Academic excellence.
- Personal and Statements and Essays.
- If you are applying for financial aid, you need to complete the Documentation of Finances.
- Lastly, applicants are required to show English proficiency.
- These are some of the requirements needed to apply for the scholarship. If you are an international student applying for the Emory Financial Aid, there’s no need for you to submit proof that you can cover your expenses for your first year at Emory University.
Emory Financial Aid
Emory Offers financial aid to international students who can’t afford their tuition and other fees. You qualify for this financial aid when you apply for support during the admission process. If you receive financial aid during the first year, you will receive financial aid in the subsequent years.
You can apply for Emory Financial aid when applying for admission into the school. In addition to this, you will be required to fill out the documentation of finances and then submit it during the admission process. If you are an international student, you can apply for a merit-based scholarship provided by Emory University Scholar Programs.
Emory University Scholarship Application
The Emory University Scholarship is a part of the Emory University Scholar Programs. This scholarship is open to all international students irrespective of their citizenship. To apply for this scholarship, you must choose one of the admission decision plans and submit the required documents. The Decision plans include Early Decision I, Early Decision II, and Regular Decision.
The deadline for application is on the 15th of November. During the application process, you are required to indicate yes when asked if you want to be considered for merit scholarships. Having known this, the next section of this article will teach you how to apply for the scholarship online.
Application Proceedure for Emory University Scholarship
Follow the steps below to begin the scholarship application process:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL www.apply.emory.edu into the search bar.
- Navigate to “Financial aid” at the top of the screen and choose “How to Apply” from the drop-down menu.
- Read through every detail on the given page.
- Scroll down and click on “MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS”.
- Click on “Learn More” and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Choose the admission decision plan you want to apply for and click on it.
- After this, you can follow all other instructions on your screen to complete the process. Your scholarship is renewable for at most eight regular academic year semesters of undergraduate study. This is if you maintain your academic and personal requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions Emory University Scholarship for International Students
When is the Emory Scholarship Application Deadline?
All applicants are required to submit their application before the 15th of November which is the application deadline. Those applying for Early Decision I must complete their application before the 1st of November.
The application will be reviewed between October to January and by the end of February, eligible applicants will be contacted.
If I am not selected, Will I be considered for Another Merit Based Scholarship?
If you are not selected as a Finalist for the scholarship, you may be considered for a smaller merit-based scholarship that is beyond the scholar’s program. Also, you don’t have to submit more documents for consideration.
Is Emory Generous with Financial Aid?
Every year, Emory gives financial aid to eligible applicants. You can get this aid by indicating so during the admission application process. The aid is usually for international and low-income students who have no means of funding their expenses during their undergraduate years at Emory University.
Does Emory Give Full Scholarship?
Emory offers full scholarships to dependent children of staff who are eligible. This is also dependent on the hire date of the employee and their year of service. Financial aids are also given to international students who want to study in at Emory University.