Online applications is currently open and available for the British Chevening Scholarships 2023 in the UK. However, the interesting thing about this scholarship is that it is not bound to any nationality, as Students from many countries can apply for this British Chevening Scholarships in UK 2023.
In this article we have schematically, outline and explained everything you need to know about the fully funded British Chevening Scholarships in UK 2023. All you have to do is to carefully go through this article to learn how to apply now.
All beneficiaries of this scholarship will have the following expenses covered: Tuition Fee, Accommodation, Monthly Allowance, Free Airfare ticket with Many other Health benefits.
Meanwhile, all applicants must have an Undergraduate degree in good Academic Scores with work experience (Volunteer or any other experience).
About Chevening Scholarship Program
Applications for the British Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted through the Chevening Online system that is shared below.
Fortunately, eligible applicants of this scholarship program are allowed to select from over 12,000 master’s courses at over 150 different higher education institutions.
All the expenses related to this program will be covered. The British Chevening Scholarships 2023 in UK empowers and qualifies outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
Please before submitting your application, ensure that you read the guidance offered.
British Chevening Scholarships 2023 in the UK Brierf Description
- Country: United Kingdom
- University: All UK Universities included
- Degree: Master
- Duration: 1 Year
- Application Deadline: 2nd November 2022
Benefits/Value of British Chevening Scholarships 2023 in the UK
The benefits of the Chevening scholarship are as follows:
- Full tuition fee support.
- Economy class travel to and from the recipient’s home country.
- An arrival or settlement allowance
- Coverage cost for application of clearance visa.
- An allowance at the time of departure.
- An allowance of 75 GBP as a contribution to the cost of TB testing. This will be given to those who need it.
- A top-up allowance for travel
- A monthly allowance or stipend for covering living and housing expenses. The rate of it varies depending upon where the scholar is living (inside or outside of London). The stipend will be given around the 21st of each month for the coming month.
Eligibility/Requirements to Apply for British Chevening Scholarships 2023
Below are the eligibility criteria to applying for Chevening Scholarships;
- Applicants must be returning to their home countries once the period of their award ends. They must serve in their home countries for at least two years.
- They must have completed their undergraduate degree and all the prerequisites required for them to get admitted into a master’s program in the UK.
- They must possess two years of work experience.
- They must have applied to at least three universities in the UK (ones that are approved by the scholarship program) and must have received an offer letter from at least one of them.
- The application window for the Chevening scholarship will open on August 2, 2022.
Candidates who are ineligible to apply are;
British citizens or students who hold dual nationality (one of them being British).
Refugees in a non-Chevening eligible country even if they are nationals of a Chevening-approved country (if they are holding a refugee status in the country they are staying in). Applicants with refugee status in a Chevening eligible country are still eligible to apply.
Students who have previously studied in the UK with a scholarship funded by the British Government.
How to apply for the British Chevening Scholarships in UK 2023
Candidates who are eligible to apply for the British Chevening Scholarships in UK 2023, can kindly and carefully go through the steps of filing a UK Scholarship application below in order to successfully submit an application.
The application link for the Chevening Scholarship can be found at the end of the article.
- You will need to create an account on the Chevening page.
- Then create your account for Chevening scholarship application.
- Find your home country in the list of Chevening partner countries.
- Fill out the Chevening scholarship application form and submit all the required documents.
- Submit the application before the application deadline. Remember that it takes about eight months from when the applications start getting reviewed after the application deadline to when the applicants get selected for the scholarship. Students are advised to complete their applications well before the deadline and leave some spare time for review and revision.
Required Documents to submit an application for Chevening Scholarships:
- Reference Letters
- Study plan, research proposal
- (SOP) Statement of purpose
- Letter of motivation
- Academic Transcripts
- Intent letter
- Offer letter from at least one of the three universities the applicant applied to.
- Scanned copy of passport or National Identity Card.
- English language test results of the candidates whose first language is not English and who haven’t previously been to an institution that uses English as its primary medium of instruction.
Upload the documents in a PDF format and make sure that no document exceeds 5 MB in size.
Application Deadline of Chevening Scholarship: November 1, 2022
The following key points elaborate on the timeline of the opening, closing, interview, and result in announcement dates of Chevening Scholarships Applicants:
The application window for the Chevening Scholarships opens on August 2, 2022.
The last date to apply for the scholarship will be November 1, 2022.
From November 2022 to February 2023, applications will be compared against the eligibility criteria. The scholarship committee and the British embassy assess all the applications and shortlist candidates for the interview phase.
From 28th February to 29th April, the shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
In early June, the scholarship results will be announced.
In September or October of 2023, the successful scholars will begin their studies in the UK and will become part of an international network of students.